www.marilynbrant.com

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Liespotting

I just saw this TED video this morning and wanted to share it. Author Pamela Meyer, who wrote the book Liespotting, makes some fascinating points about recognizing lies. I watched the show "Lie to Me" with interest when it was on (loving the premise, not always liking the secondary characters) and I've been intrigued with Patrick Jane's character on "The Mentalist" for several seasons now. But, the science behind these shows was what drew me in the most, and I hoped this video might be as compelling to some of you as it was to me. Hope you'll all having a great weekend -- and that's the truth!

3 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

That was fascinating. I watched Lie to Me a couple of times, but it left me with a creepy feeling. I do like The Mentalist, but I don't watch it all the time.

I hope you're having a great weekend, too. Also the truth!

Caryn Caldwell said...

Thanks for sharing! I was a huge Lie to Me fan, too. Like you, it was the mechanics I found most fascinating.

Marilyn Brant said...

Edie, thank you! It was a busy weekend, packed with family events, but it was a nice one. Hope yours was fun, too ;).

Caryn, thanks! And, yes, the skill of these behaviorists is really fascinating to me -- how they're able to notice all that they do. So interesting!