www.marilynbrant.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Few Fun Things (even though it's Tax Day)

Yeah, it's here. April 15th already. For those of us in the States, our taxes have to be filed by midnight...sigh.

However, a bunch of restaurants have special deals today, and if you visit any Starbucks and bring a to-go mug with you, you can get a cup of free brewed coffee all day long!!!

Also, the lovely ladies at Magical Musings invited me over for a visit--along with Cynthia Eden, Karin Tabke and Lesley Kagen--to talk about "the greatest joy and greatest angst" of publishing. It was fun having a chance to answer those questions, and even more enjoyable to read the other authors' responses. :)

Finally, those of you who've checked out the "Contests" page on my website already know that I have a giveaway that ends today. I've pasted the contest rules and prizes below. I'll draw the winning names tomorrow and post the results by Monday. Good luck!

I want to celebrate the sale of my third novel by giving away three different gifts, each present representing one of my books:

For According To Jane~an autographed copy of my debut novel, since that's the only one of the three on the shelves so far. (But soon there will be more. Very soon!)

For Friday Mornings at Nine~a 128-page Book of Appetizers, packed with recipes.

And for The Grand European~a hardcover journal that features maps of the world on the front and back covers.

(I'll add in a 3-pack of Starbucks VIA™ coffee for each of the 3 winners, too!!)

To be eligible to win, simply leave a comment on one (or more) of my Blog posts dated anytime between March 5th and April 15th. Please include your email address along with your comment(s), so I can reach you. I'll draw the three winning names in mid-April and send out the prizes then.


That's about it for now. Off to write about my heroine seeing Venice, Italy for the first time... Is it a city any of you you have been to? If so, what were your first impressions??

12 comments:

PamelaCayne said...

Never been to Italy, though we have friends who love to go every chance they get, so just seeing their postcards and photos are almost like being there. Someday!

Virginia C said...

How nice of you to remind everyone of pleasant things on "Tax Day". I hope 2010 is your biggest year yet!

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

Edie Ramer said...

I've never been to Italy, but it's on my list of places to go to. My husband and I were just talking about it over the weekend. It's one of many places I want to visit.

And thanks for the shout out for Magical Musings!

Marilyn Brant said...

Pamela~I have no doubt the Italians would love your warmth and humor...and you would love their pasta and gelato! (The hot guys on motorscooters aren't bad either. :)

Virginia~Thank you for your wonderful wish!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate hearing something so nice today ;).

Edie~I *love* Magical Musings!!! Thanks to you and the ladies for inviting me!!

Robin said...

I've never been to Italy, but am dying to go! We *almost* went to the Amalfi Coast several years ago, but it didn't happen. One day...

(I've never been anywhere in Europe and hope to explore it eventually!)

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Marilyn, great post. Happy give-aways and I hope you enjoy your heroine's journey. I've only been to England and Scotland. But hope to continue visiting other countries.
Can't wait to see you at Spring Fling! Cheers~

L.A. Mitchell said...

I would love to go there one day. It's a bucket list kind of thing;)

I love how you celebrate a sale! wahoo! I look forward to doing the same ;)

Unknown said...

What a nice idea, doing giveaways on Tax Day!

Michelle Diener said...

I LOVE Venice. I was there in November and that contributed to it, I think. There were less tourists and it wasn't so hot. I have some terrific photos and only fond memories. Lovely, lovely place. I read a lot of Donna Leon since I've been there :).

Thanks again for joining us on MM, Marilyn. We love having you.

Marilyn Brant said...

Robin, I hope you'll get to visit the Amalfi Coast sometime soon ;). For now, though, you *live* out in beautiful CA, which is a dreamy travel destination for many of us!! (I spend all winter fantasizing about your weather!)

Thanks, Nancy! I'm really looking forward to seeing you at Spring Fling, too ;).

L.A.~There were a lot of places on my bucket list for travel, but Venice was at the absolute top of it. I've been there twice now, but it's not enough for me. The last time was 15 years ago. I want to go back...and back again.

LOL, Marlyn!! I'm so glad you liked the idea ;).

Michelle~oh, I know JUST what you mean! I've only been there in the summertime, but I can imagine how calm and pleasant Venice must have been in November...sigh. Of course, if the temperatures were cooler, would I have had the excuse to eat gelato 3x/day??!

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

tonya kappes said...

congrats on your third sale!!! I'm still working on the first...eeck! Tax day came and went!

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks, Tonya! BTW, I'm glad Tax Day is over, too...