www.marilynbrant.com

Friday, April 2, 2010

Blog Awards!

Many thanks to two lovely bloggers for giving me recent awards! Morgan Mandel gave me the "Happy 101" award, and Brande from Book Junkie bestowed upon me the "One Lovely Blog" award. Thanks so much for the honor, ladies!

For Happy 101, the primary rule for accepting the award it to post 10 things that make you happy and then to pass it along to 5 other bloggers.

And for One Lovely Blog, the rules for accepting the award include posting it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 10 other blogs. (Well, once I got started, I came up with a few more than that. :-) And notify everyone. Considering it's the Easter weekend, I'm bound to be a little slow at that...

So, here we go! 10 things that make me happy:
1. Peeps--squishy, sweet and so amusing
2. Warm weather (!!!!)
3. Anything Jon Bon Jovi sings
4. Gelato (I'm not at all picky on flavor)
5. Trips to scenic places, from Door County to the island of Capri
6. Funny, furry, loving pets
7. My son's artwork (and my son!)
8. Reading a novel that makes me laugh and feel understood by the author
9. The number 42 (because it's the answer to everything, just ask Douglas Adams)
10. My friends--online and off
(Also: my husband, my brother and parents, Jane Austen, Cadbury chocolate-caramel eggs, a working computer/printer, certain scripty fonts, going to live rock concerts, veggie pizza, book contracts, the film "When Harry Met Sally...")

I'm passing along Happy 101 to:
1. Edie Ramer/Magical Musings
2. Robin Bielman
3. Writing Romance in a Closet
4. Book Junkie
5. Cultural Observations

And I'm sharing the One Lovely Blog award with:
1. Pamela Cayne's Blog
2. Time Flies
3. Chick with a Quill
4. Writing in a Vortex
5. This Writer's Life
6. Susan McBride/The Stiletto Gang
7. Tina Radcliffe/The Seekers
8. Lainey Bancroft
9. Austenesque Reviews
10. Kwana Writes
11. Morgan Mandel's Double M's Take on Books...
12. Tonya Kappes/The Naked Hero
13. Alita Reads
14. In the Shade of a Willow
15. Lone Star Meanderings
16. Maureen McGowan
17. Austenprose
18. Not Quite Lost, Not Quite Found
19. Judy Croome
20. NovelWhore's Blog
21. Brittany Rochelle's Blog
22. VVB32 Reads

Consider yourselves very much appreciated by me :).

Also, on April 8th, it will be exactly 3 years since I started this blog. Thanks to all of you for being such a wonderful part of this blogging journey! xoxox

17 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

Thanks, Marilyn! I'd have about 6 from your list on my list two. And I've been to Door County a few times. It's lovely. Now, I just have to go to Capri. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Marilyn! Congrats on your upcoming blogoversary :)

Maria Geraci said...

Hey! I blogged, let's see if anyone bites. I loved thinking of the list of 10- actually mine turned out to be 11. Loved your list too!

Pamala Knight said...

Thank you Marilyn! You know how much I love winning stuff, lol.

But the feeling is mutual because your blog is indeed lovely. Off to go post my award!

Happy Easter.

Marilyn Brant said...

Edie, I've only been to Capri once (years ago with my husband, and only for half a day), but I'll always remember it...sigh ;).

You're welcome, Alita! Thanks for the blogoversary congrats!

Maria~LOVED your list! The beach, Bunco, the NYT bestseller list... All very happy-inducing events!!

Pamala, you deserve to win LOTS of stuff--but it can't possibly make up for all you do for others. Happy Easter :).

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Your Happy 101 item No 9 fascinates me Marilyn! :) The number 42 is an interesting choice! (According to numerology it's the practical and logical 4 energy, working through the receptive and diplomatic 2 energy, to give the creative and balanced 6 energy)

And thanks for the lovley blog award - it's much appreciated! :):)


Hope you and yours have a lovely Easter Day.

Marilyn Brant said...

Judy~How interesting! I love your numerology analysis!! (And I hope it's true. :) Enjoy the award and Happy Easter back at'cha!

Tonya Kappes said...

Thanks Marilyn! What an honor to get a blogger award from you! I will definitely pass is along! I hope you had a great Easter.

Marilyn Brant said...

Tonya!! You're very welcome :). Hope you had a fabulous Easter, too!

Susan McBride said...

Aw, thanks, Marilyn!!! And, wow, I love seeing your FRIDAY MORNINGS cover up! It's so purdy! :-)

Michelle Diener said...

Thanks for passing on the love, Marilyn :) . And I'm with you on quite a lot of your list, too.

Kwana said...

Thanks so much for the lovely blog awards. You are a sweetie.

Marilyn Brant said...

Susan, thanks, hon! And, yeah, I like just staring at the cover sometimes... ;).

Michelle~you, Edie and the Magical Musings gang have such a fabulous blog! I always look forward to visiting.

You are most welcome, Kwana!! *Hugs* to you :).

L.A. Mitchell said...

Happy Blogoversary, Marilyn :)

I'll be sure to mention it--what a dear you are!

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks, L.A.!! 3 years... ;)

Brittany Roshelle said...

Thank you so much! What an honor!

Virginia C said...

Your blog is written in a lovely, friendly, personal style : )

Peeps are a classic!

gcwhiskas at aol dot com