www.marilynbrant.com

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Just wanted to wish all of you a very HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEN!

It's traditionally quite a fun holiday in our neighborhood -- lots of excited costumed kids, lots of parents holding warm (frequently alcoholic) beverages, lots and lots of candy -- but I'm keeping my fingers crossed there won't be rain (or, heaven forbid, SNOW) tonight. Sending my thoughts to everyone out East who got buried by the surprise blizzard and is without power. Hope it gets resolved quickly!

Personally, I don't actually remember seeing snow in October before -- not even when I lived in Wisconsin. A dusting, perhaps, at most, but not these outage-creating storms. Even with our relatively mild temps here, I still can't help but wish for a few Indian Summer days... Winter, it always comes upon us so fast.

Anyone have any party plans? My Friday Mornings at Nine characters are going to a wild event (as they do every year on Halloween, LOL), but I will just be staying home, passing out Tootsie Pops and Milky Way miniatures. If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say, "Trick-or-Treat"!

9 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

We had trick-or-treat in our village on Saturday. I had only 12 kids come to our house, and bags of candy bars. Snickers, Butterfingers, Twix and Milky Way. I ate way too many myself, but my husband still brought most of it to work today.

Have fun with the candy today.

Pamala Knight said...

I was thinking of your Friday Mornings at Nine characters today, Marilyn. Especially since that party sounded like a LOT of fun with yummy food to boot. Definitely my kind of bash, lol. Hope you stayed warm and had fun.

*waves*

Caryn Caldwell said...

Happy Halloween! I so vividly remember the Halloween party scene, too. Such a fun one!

Marilyn Brant said...

Edie, we had our trick-or-treating tonight, but several of the surrounding areas had theirs scheduled for Sunday, which would have been great night to do it instead of a Monday school night...except it poured!! My son, who can't get enough of trick-or-treating, went with his friend in their neighborhood on Sunday (until they were drenched) and, tonight, his friend came here and the two of them did it again. No rain, so they brought home 3x as much candy! The pile of chocolate is mountainous...

Pamala, thank you!! I definitely got to stay warm this year since my kid had someone else to race around the neighborhood with -- thank goodness! Last year, he didn't go with friends, so my brother and I did the circuit with him. We both froze our little fingers off. Meanwhile, my son was sweating because of all the door-to-door running around! Hope your kids enjoyed the night of chocolate and spookiness, too!!

Caryn, glad you liked it! You read it *very* early on ;). So, did you take Sunshine out trick-or-treating this year?? If so, I'll bet she looked adorable in her costume!! Hope you all had a lot of fun with it!

The Reading Frenzy said...

Oh Marilyn I remember that party in Friday Mornings at Nine, I think that where the wheels came off everyone.
Happy Halloween. We had lots of kiddos, my favorite was this tiny girl who told me she was a vampire witch and after I gave her the candy, she hissed at me. I'm still laughing

Deb

Caryn Caldwell said...

Yes! I noticed that it changed a lot. It was good to read it in context, too. That always adds something, especially with such a complex scene.

Hubby took Sunshine trick-or-treating last night while I stayed home and passed out candy. I posted photos on Facebook. Hope you guys had a good Halloween!

Marilyn Brant said...

Deb, I love the sound of that little "vampire witch" -- so cute!!

Caryn, I'm heading over to FB right now to take a look at Sunshine in costume ;).

Brittany Roshelle said...

I love Halloween! Hi Marilyn!!

My husband and I watched the classic horror movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th b/c we had never seen them before!

Brittany Roshelle

The Write Stuff

Marilyn Brant said...

Brittany, I'm too much of a scaredy cat to watch those! Even the previews for films like that frighten me, LOL. Hope you and your hubby had a fun Halloween :).