www.marilynbrant.com

Monday, October 26, 2009

There Are No Germs in the Blogosphere...

...which means you can't catch the nasty flu virus sweeping through our house.

It was an exhausting weekend of illness and Tylenol here and, unfortunately, I'm not seeing a quick end to it now that it's Monday... However, even though I won't be setting foot out of my real house this week, I get to party around the clock at a number of wonderful blog sites elsewhere:

**Awesome writing friend Caryn Caldwell has an interview up with me today on her site The Book Lady! You can read about what being a debut author is really like and comment to win one free book!

**I'm the Free Book Friday author guest this week (and will be giving away three copies of According to Jane to contest participants :).

**Romance Reviews Today has their review up now of my novel. The words "fun," "quirky" and "charming" were used, so I'm very pleased!

**I'll be visiting the wonderful Heidi Betts in The Dungeon tomorrow for the final Part 3 of my October visit to WIPs & Chains, and we'll be talking about paranormal novels!! There will be prizes up for grabs there, too--an According to Jane t-shirt, a 4-pack of tea and a Victoria's Secret "Big Caramapple" lip gloss (my fall favorite)--so please join us if you can.

**Finally, throughout the next five days, The Knight Agency is hosting a Halloween Week on their blog, complete with a Scavenger Hunt! Books will be given away every day, and participants in the Hunt are eligible to win a $50 Visa gift card. I'm going to be the featured blogger on Wednesday the 28th and will be talking about things I love about the autumn and ways the season shows up in my writing. Hope to see some of you there for that, too. :)

Have a good week, everyone, and please stay healthy.

Antiseptically yours,
~M.

16 comments:

Eliza Evans said...

I hope y'all feel better soon. I'm bummed I won't get to see you tonight.

Marilyn Brant said...

Eliza~I'm seriously bummed I won't get to see you, too, or to have a chance to talk with everyone tonight...sigh. Get something fun at Steak-n-Shake and enjoy it for me :).

Pamela Cayne said...

Sorry about the flu virus sweeping through the house. I have a small cold and consider myself very lucky to just have that! I hope you (and everyone else) recovers quickly!

Unknown said...

Get better!

Maria Geraci said...

So sorry you've been sick, Marilyn! Nurse Maria says to drink lots of fluid and get lots of sleep;)

L.A. Mitchell said...

Oh, Marilyn...I have missed SO much while fastdrafting. So good to be back.

I want you to know that According to Jane was my reward for finishing my rough draft and it was SO worth the wait. What a charming story--LOVE LOVE LOVED Sam--and I'm not mad at *all* that it beat out mine ;)

We had the flu in our house, too...the bad kind...so I think I went a week w/o leaving the house too. Glad you can still cyber-promote :) Hope everyone is better for Halloween.

{{{hugs}}}}

Brett said...

I hope you feel better soon, Marilyn! It might help if you alternate between hot chocolate and chocolate ice cream! ;)

K.M. Saint James said...

Ah, may the flu bug soon leave and never return. Have a sicky at my house, too, but once they hit that magic HS age, they're on their own as far as I'm concerned. I'll bring them what they need, but please don't breath my air!

Isn't cyberspace wonderful -- the place without germs. So glad to hear great book reviews are rolling in. This is the fun-ride part.

Marilyn Brant said...

Pamela~you need recover from that cold...you've got writing to do!!

Thanks, Tiffany! I've actually only got a touch of something (my symptoms are very "cold" like). It's my son with the bad flu--which, unfortunately, is much harder for me to deal with than if I'd had it...

Nurse Maria~Do strawberry margaritas count as "fluids"?! Hee! :) Thank you.

L.A.~I'm so, so glad you liked the story...and especially Sam!! Thanks for reading it and for telling me your thoughts :). You know how awed I am by fastdrafting... HUGE congrats on working your way through your new story these past 2 weeks!

LOL, Brettski! You've devised the perfect Rx...for days when I'm healthy as well as sick!! Thanks. ;)

Marilyn Brant said...

Hi Sandra! Yes, that h.s. age does have some advantages!! We are still a few years from that... So, for now, I am ever grateful to the creators of "Zach and Cody" and "Scooby Doo" for providing a few hours of entertainment so I can check email and get a little sleep. :)

Caryn Caldwell said...

Wow! ACJ has already been out a month(ish) and you still have such busy weeks planned! No wonder you got sick. Hope you and your family are feeling better soon.

lainey bancroft said...

((Feel better soon Marilyn's house))

We've had the sniffles/chills here, but no real sign of serious (touch wood)

And I'll see Romance Reviews today "fun," "quirky" and "charming" and add an 'entertaining' 'touching' and 'engaging' to the pot.

Yep, I'd say you've got a winning hand! ;-)

Robin said...

I hope you're feeling better, Marilyn! Sending get well thoughts to you and your family! Take care!

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks, Caryn. It's not *as* busy now as it had been, but it's still not exactly calm :).

Lainey~you're wonderful! I'm grabbing ahold of your very kind adjectives and not letting go!!

Robin, thank you. My son's finally close to being himself again. Makes everything easier ;-).

Nancy J. Parra said...

*hugs* hope you and yours feel better soon. I am so impressed and amazed at all your great promo. Wow! I am not worthy... *bows at your feet* :)

Marilyn Brant said...

Nancy, what I think is that you are far too wise and far too smart to have wanted to enter this circle of insanity :-).