www.marilynbrant.com

Friday, October 2, 2009

Goin' on a Book Hunt...

Today, the lovely and talented Therese Walsh, author of the soon-to-be-released novel The Last Will of Moira Leahy (can't wait to have her visit here on 10/13!) is interviewing me on Writer Unboxed. Please stop by--not only to read the Q&A but to take a look at the wealth of helpful posts geared toward writers. It's an outstanding site.

Also around the blogsophere, Margay Leah Justice has a very nice review up on Moonlight, Lace & Mayhem (yay!), and I'm continuing my Girlfriends Cyber Circuit tour with visits to the blogs of writing pals Melissa Senate, Maggie Marr, Melissa Clark, Roberta Isleib and Joanne Rendell!!

Finally, I've been anxiously awaiting the day I'd get to take pictures like these: On Pamela Cayne's blog, she's posted photos of Jane in the American Southwest (squee!), and just this morning, Maria Geraci emailed me this photo of Jane in Florida!

Here in the Chicagoland suburbs, I've come across Jane as well and, thanks to the FABULOUS staff at the Borders in Gurnee, IL and to a group of awesome, intelligent and very good looking friends (they told me I had to say that, but it also happens to be true :-), I had a lot of fun at my first in-store book sighting/stock signing!!

On the left is Borders sales manager, Kathy, who not only arranged to get extra copies of the books in for me, but she's putting together a special "local author" endcap display, too. (Thank you!) On the right are Marie and Joe, who were both so funny and helpful in the store Tuesday night when we all gathered there.




Below, I'm holding my debut novel in front of its spot on the "new paperbacks" shelf!

The last two photos are of the very first group of visitors who stopped by to pick up books--a few old friends and a couple of new ones: Candice, Autumn (who works at Borders!), Christina, Annette and Josh. On the top is their "happy-reader" pose. Just below it is their "action" shot--LOL!

And, in honor of it being "educator appreciation week," they were also serving cupfuls of this strawberry-cheesecake-like thing, which my son declared, "Delicious!" I couldn't snag the exact recipe for the dessert, but it was something like this.

Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend, and THANK YOU ALL for helping to make this week such a celebration!

13 comments:

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Marilyn, Squeee-my copy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for sharing all the pics and fun. Enjoy every last minute of it. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

What awesome pictures. I am so excited. My copy is on its way and ....

I bought Starbucks VIA today at my very own Starbucks. All is well with the world.

Pamela Cayne said...

How fabulous to have such great local support! Congrats again!!!

Scott Driza said...

Those pictures are hilarious! I love starbies. Just be glad you're not like the Jonas brothers - surfing around for good California Premarital Agreement Forms.

Marilyn Brant said...

Nancy, thanks so much! Hope you'll enjoy the book ;).

Tina, coffee and novels! It's a fave combo for me, too... And congrats again on the Golden Pen final--whoo-hoo!!

Pamela, I *do* have great friends locally, but I'm so lucky that I *also* have amazing friends who--though they live at rather great distances--are warm, caring and tell me all about their concert experiences with men in tight jeans so I can vicariously experience the moment. :-)

TacoHead, hi! Glad you liked the pictures and, rest assured, I am nothing like the Jonas brothers--individually or collectively.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thanks for the shout out, Marilyn! It was such a pleasure to have such a good book to review - great balm for one who'd been in a reading slump before this gem of a book fell into her hands. So I really feel like I should be the one thanking you!
Margay

Anonymous said...

I would say I'm the hottest guy in the photos, but I also happen to be the only one. Go me. And, go you, the book is very fun to read. However, like much else in life, what have you done for me lately? When can I expect the motorcycle book?

Middle Ditch said...

Great support is what everyone needs and you have a great group there. Lucky you!

Marilyn Brant said...

Margay! Lovely to see you here. Thanks again for your supportiveness. I'm so, so glad you enjoyed the book!

Hey, Mr. Anonymous, you know I continue to dream about the day when I can get the actual storyline in synch with my great vision for The Motorcycle Book. You'll be the first to know when that happens. ;)

Middle Ditch--thank you! I'm so glad you stopped by. I know I have a few of your great radio shows to catch up on. I've been looking forward to them...

Cindy Procter-King said...

Yahoo, looks great. Congrats!!

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks, Cindy! :)

Anonymous said...

Marilyn!!!
I absolutely LOVED the book!!!! Amazing! Thanks so much for posting those pictures too. I hope to see you at the Y soon, we really need to finish that conversation!!!

Marilyn Brant said...

Annette~SO glad you loved it!! I was there today and was told it was your day off... Will try to catch up v. soon ;).