This is the first time in my two-and-a-half years of blogging that I've done a Top 5 (or a Top 10, Top 20, Top Anything for that matter...), but this has been a month of firsts, so I guess it's fitting. Without further ado, he's my Rocktober Top 5:
1. My book came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I got to celebrate around Chicagoland *and* around the Blogosphere with THE MOST FABULOUS FRIENDS EVER!! (Thanks to ALL of you!!!!)
2. According to Jane has been on the Amazon Kindle Bestseller List for 4 straight weeks!! (It's still on there--between #18-#24 today--in the categories of Contemporary Romance and Fantasy, and it actually hit #1 in both of those categories earlier this month.) I'm well aware that it didn't get there by itself...so thank you to everyone who picked it up in paperback or ebook form. *smooch!*
3. I got an excited email from the truly wonderful NovelWhore last week telling me that my book was featured in the Barnes & Noble Review and had made it on "The Long List" for the week of October 13th!! The book was described as: "Fresh, original, and lots of fun." To that B&N-online writer: Thanks. You have rocketed your way onto my list of Favorite People for 2009!
4. After months (literally) of debate, my second novel finally has a title!! Coming October 2010 to bookstores everywhere: Fridays at Nine (Kensington trade). Like an Oxygen Network version of a Grimm's fairy tale, it's the story of three forty-something suburban moms who ask each other if they made the right choice in marrying the man they did... Interesting situations follow.
5. Last but far from least, I have the world's most awesome brother! He not only came to my book launch, bought several copies of an incredibly women's fiction-y book (despite being a very manly guy) to give as gifts to his friends and promoted this novel with the drive of a marketing exec, but he ALSO got us tickets to the Rob Thomas (with One Republic and Carolina Liar) concert to celebrate my book's release! To be able to sign my first novel AND dance to Rob singing "Smooth" and "This is How a Heart Breaks" in the SAME day...that was pretty memorable. Thanks, Bro!
I'm visiting Number One Novels on Monday and will be going back to The Dungeon with Heidi Betts on Tuesday!! As always, you're all welcome to join me, and I hope some of you will :).