www.marilynbrant.com

Monday, June 16, 2008

Baby, You Can Drive My Car

Or, maybe, if you have one of these, you'll let me drive yours. Check out the nifty YouTube video of the BMW GINA Light Visionary Model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTYiEkQYhWY . It's somewhat different than my 2004 Honda Civic.

And, yes, I'm blogging about a car today, and that's uncharacteristic of me, but you've gotta trust me on this--it's REALLY cool! It's got SKIN! I mean, the thing is so James Bond in its features and appearance, but it's out there...and someone, somewhere can actually drive it.

If you had a car like that, where would you drive to?

I see myself motoring down that California coastal highway (Hwy 1, I think) like a character in one of those 1960s beach movies. A silk scarf flying behind me. The sunlight glinting off the water. Jan and Dean crooning into the wind.

Or--equally appealing--the Amalfi Coast in southern Italy. One hand on the steering wheel. One hand wrapped around a double chocolate-orange gelati cone. Euro-Rock blaring from the radio.

Yeah. I'm there :-).

Okay, your turn.

6 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

Amalfi Coast. *sigh* I set "Sundial" there for a reason! But the car is just the teensiest bit creepy. Gorgeous shape, but the skin thing would take some getting used to. Maybe that makes me a dogmatic thinker :)

L.A. Mitchell said...

At first glance, the skin thing is kinda creepy, especially when the hood retracts and it looks more like open heart surgery. Thanks for the clip, M :)

Marilyn Brant said...

Carrie and L.A.--yeah, you two aren't the first to think it's kind of "creepy" (your comment about open heart surgery made me laugh, L.A. :)--but, to me, it's so out-of-the-box for cars that I'm still impressed by it.

The first photo I saw of it was the dark model shown here: http://www.agostino-racing.com/bmw-gina-light-visionary/ and I just thought: OMG, it's the next generation Batmobile!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's either cool or creepy, I can't decide. When the car doors open, the "skin" wrinkles like the gills of a shark...

K.M. Saint James said...

Definitely beach front for this type of driving. Yep, wind in my air and bugs on my lips. What a great visual that is!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I'd drive from San Diego to Seattle. Great car, great trip--it's all good!

Hmm...futuristic car, Italian coast...is anybody else smelling a book idea here?