www.marilynbrant.com

Saturday, February 1, 2014

What Does the Groundhog Say?

Last year, that bizarre but utterly memorable song "What Does the Fox Say?" was all the rage on YouTube. The first time I saw it, I was with a few writing friends and we laughed until we literally had tears streaming down our faces -- it was just so funny and strange! (If you haven't yet seen it, check out the video HERE. :)


I have no idea what the fox might say today, but I have a fairly strong prediction of what the groundhog might say tomorrow. Given the "polar vortex" or whatever benign term meteorologists have been using to try to explain this horrendously cold weather, I'd be shocked if Punxsutawney Phil didn't decide that not only was spring SO NOT coming early, but that we'd better expect it not to start until sometime in late April. At the very soonest.

So, I won't be getting my hopes up for a quick return to umbrellas and windbreakers, or deluding myself into believing that March will "go out like a lamb"... I will, however, be watching one of my favorite romantic comedies -- Bill Murray in "Groundhog's Day" (1993) -- and catching some of the Super Bowl. I'll also be getting ready for my month-long book club with Deb Haupt at The Reading Frenzy! (Check out the interview she posted here!) We start a read/chat of The Road to You on February 3rd and will be having a fun discussion there all month. Of course, EVERYONE of you is welcome to join in at any time (!!) and stay for however long you might like...

How about you? What's been going on? Any special weekend plans or fun events ahead for February?

4 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

The Milwaukee groundhog says that we're going to have an early spring. I hope so. After the horrible winter, we deserve a good spring and summer.

I was formatting all day. Not fun.

Marilyn Brant said...

I really hope that Milwaukee groundhog is right, Edie!! :)

Unknown said...

Ugh! I am so fed up with winter. This is by far the coldest it has ever been in TN, which is where I live currently. We've had one nice sunny day that my family and I took full advantage of over this past weekend but now it is back to freezing my tail off. ok, rant about winter over now haha.

Marilyn Brant said...

Renee,
I hear you!!
This has been such an insanely cold winter, and I even grew up with the snow and ice because I've always lived in WI or IL. I don't remember it ever being this bad...
Hang in there! Fingers crossed that spring will finally reach us soon ;).