Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Weekend!!

As we kick off the romantic weekend, here's a brief but heartfelt toast from me to you: May your Valentine's Day be wonderful and may you feel the love of good friends and family all year long. :)

For anyone who knows me or has visited my blog at all in the past year, you know I'm a big coffee fan. Well, I got ahold of a great new Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew recipe and it's on my list of fun things to try out this weekend (along with NovelWhore's Hot Toddy). It's called "The VIAtini" (!!!) and I can't wait to taste it! Being that my characters in Friday Mornings at Nine are not only avid coffee drinkers but also go to a party where appletinis are all the rage...well, I know they'd love this recipe. I just wish I would've known about this drink combination sooner or I would've written it into the story!!

So, to share the Starbucks love, here's the delicious concoction below, along with a link for more VIA™ cocktails, should you wish to experiment, too!


1 1/2 ounces vodka
1 1/2 ounces Starbucks VIA™ (prepared, cold)
3/4 ounce Amaretto
1/2 ounce Irish cream

Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake well and strain into martini glass. Garnish with a cherry.

Enjoy, my friends, and Happy Hearts Day!!

p.s. Anyone else watching the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics tonight?? Can't wait for the figure skating to start this week...


novelwhore said...

Ohhh Marilyn that is a tasty sounding martini - seems like the obvious choice for my Via I received in the mail from a thoughtful friend that I have been saving for a special occasion! Also, thanks for linking to my hot toddy recipe - hope you enjoy it as much as I have, repeatedly, throughout this snowy winter.


Nancy J. Parra said...

Yes, this sounds fabulous! and a great thing to drink while watching the Olympics. Hugs to you and I hope you have a fabulous, romantic weekend. cheers!

Edie Ramer said...

I'm not sure if I'll watch the opening ceremonies. We have a couple DVDs from the library and might watch one. Tomorrow we're going to a show and out to eat. We plan to see "Crazy Heart" with Jeff Bridges. :)

Pamela Cayne said...

I may have to try this with chai tea instead...

And I think we're going to pass on the opening ceremonies. I want to get some cleaning and organizing done before the spring gets too crazy!

P.S. Edie--I've heard amazing things about Crazy Heart. Hope you enjoy!

Marilyn Brant said...

LOL, Lydia~should I be worried that I'm feeling this level of excitement over new alcoholic combinations?! I know I definitely need some of that hot toddy on this cold day :).

Nancy~I love getting to sit back and watch everyone in the Olympics be so athletic--hee! Maybe I'll go to the gym today and imagine myself in Vancouver...

Edie~Oooh, I've heard great things about "Crazy Heart," too! Hope you enjoy it!!

Pamela~I see no reason why chai tea can't be a perfect substitute: a Chaitini! ;)

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!!! <3

Robin said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Marilyn! I hope you have a beautiful day!

We missed the Opening Ceremonies last night, but I'm looking forward to many of the sports!

Kwana said...

Yum. Happy Valentine's day!

L.A. Mitchell said...

Sounds yummy, Marilyn :)

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day today!!

Marilyn Brant said...

Robin, Kwana and L.A.~thanks so much for stopping by, ladies! Hope this weekend brought you your favorite kind of Valentine's treats ;).