www.marilynbrant.com

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A February Picnic...with Mr. Knightley

Today and tomorrow at VVB32 Reads, there is a most interesting event in progress: "Mr. Knightley's Picnic". Here is the official invitation:

Mr. Knightley's Picnic
February 25-26, 2010
2-day event

An event post will be up every hour from 5am - 5pm PST (join in anytime)

Don't mind the snow or rain storms outside. Grab your picnic basket of goodies and join me for a virtual Regency period picnic hosted by the dashing hero from Jane Austen's Emma, Mr Knightley. The sky will be clear at Mr Knightley's estate, Donwell, and fun times shall be had.

I should mention that Mr. Knightley is an eligible bachelor at this event. Here's your chance to meet and dazzle him with your charms (a-hem) ;-D

Be prepared for:
- guest posts
- interesting encounters (could be of the other-worldly sort)
- and yesssss, giveaways

Books featured:
Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange
According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
Other surprise books to be mentioned during the event

To prepare for the festivities, you may want to read Emma by Jane Austen or watch any of the movie adaptations as a quick refresher.


Sounds fun, doesn't it?! I just so happen to know about one of those "interesting encounters"...so pop on over if you have a chance, grab a strawberry tartlet and take a look around. As new posts are added, there will indeed be further surprises and many virtual treats ;).

12 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

It sounds like fun. Great idea! I'll go over there now.

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks, Edie! It's my first time participating in an event like this, so I'm very curious to see how the different activities are presented. :).

Pamela Cayne said...

I'll check in, but I've never even watched Emma, so may end up distracting people with random bursts of "Look--the Space Shuttle!"

Congrats on your invite, Miss Brant! Such a social triumph--your mama must be so proud! :)

Robin said...

How cool! I'll go check it out. Enjoy it, Marilyn!

Tonya Kappes said...

FUN!!

Marilyn Brant said...

Robin and Tonya~thanks!! (Hope you'll enjoy the visit. ;)

And to all~Have a GREAT weekend!!!!

Marilyn Brant said...

Pamela~LOL! I think adding in a Space Shuttle comment on an Emma discussion would add that extra special zing ;). But, hey, as a NEWLY AGENTED WRITER, you can't possibly have time for such things... Editorial submissions are coming!! *mwah!*

Nina said...

I love the posts she's posting. I am a huge fan of Emma! :)

L.A. Mitchell said...

What a great idea for promotion. I fear I'd be a bit lost over there--all those Jane Austen types ;) but I'll pop over. Hope you are well, M :)

Marilyn Brant said...

Nina~So glad you're enjoying it!! Thanks for visiting the picnic ;).

L.A.~Thanks :-). It was a fun event to participate in this week.

Amanda Leigh said...

Loving the posts over at vvb32 reads! It was a great event!

Marilyn Brant said...

Hi, Amanda! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the "picnic" and the stories! It was a fun event for me, too ;).