www.marilynbrant.com

Monday, September 28, 2009

Kate Duffy

I have another post--a long one--that I've been working on. One that was intended to go up this morning, but I haven't been able to finish it yet because I heard some very sad news today. Kate Duffy, beloved longtime editor at Kensington, has passed away, due to complications with the cancer she was battling.

I don't know many details and, to me, they aren't the significant part of the story anyway... But here's what is: Kate was an incredible force in the publishing industry--one of the first editors I ever met, back in 2003. She was knowledgeable, funny and really skilled at her work. And she'll be missed tremendously by all who knew her.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Maria Geraci said...

I was saddened to hear the news of her death this morning;(
She leaves behind a great legacy of wonderful literature.

Marilyn Brant said...

I agree, Maria. I know those authors who had her as their editor appreciated her skill and insight...

Pamela Cayne said...

Sigh indeed.

Marilyn Brant said...

Yeah, Pamela... Thanks for stopping by. Makes it a little easier to know that others understand the loss.