www.marilynbrant.com

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Giving Thanks

One of the sweetest, most intangible pleasures of writing a novel is getting to read the reactions of wonderful readers around the world who connected with the story and its characters. Of course, not everyone will love every book...but that makes the times when everything comes together all the more magical.

In the past 24 hours, I had the delight of reading several brand new reviews for THE ROAD TO YOU that brought a smile to my face and made me glad I'd spent those three long years writing this story!

One lovely reviewer, Charlene/Chucha from the Book Freak blog, not only wrote a review I adored (it's here), which included this line -- "I fell in love with the plot, the clues, the suspense, the thrill, the car chase, and not to mention – the twist" -- but she also made these two beautiful quote posters for the novel!! (I *love* them. :)

Kimber Leigh of Once Upon a YA Book shared her kind review online, too (it's here), and she wrote: "I loved the way Ms. Brant included the handwritten pictures of the journal entry pages; seeing them helped me draw deeper into the mystery. This novel is full of intrigue and suspense, making it a real page turner. Aurora and Donovan travel along Route 66, unraveling the mystery bit by bit from pieces they discover in each town. In some ways it reminds me of a treasure hunt, the map being Gideon's journal."

Finally, I came across Sydney's review from The Peasants Revolt (it's here), and got a thrill from reading her thoughts on the story as well: "One thing I love about romance novels is feeling the tension built between the two main characters over the course of the book. One of the things I love about mystery novels is discovering the clues along with the characters as they progress through their journey. The Road to You is a romantic mystery novel that captures the best elements of both genres perfectly."


So, I wanted to say a BIG thank you to these three awesome reviewers for brightening my week and, also, extend my deepest appreciation to ALL of the amazing, thoughtful people who've taken the time to read and review my stories. I can't even begin to express how much that's meant to me over these past four years!!

To everyone celebrating Thanksgiving this Thursday, may you have a very happy one. And to everybody who reads this post, here's hoping the start of the Holiday Season will bring you only peace, abundance and joy. Thank you for being a part of my life -- I'm truly grateful for each of you!


8 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

I agree with all the reviewers. The Road To You is a joy to read. The best of mystery and romance, with a tour of Rte. 66. :)

I hope your holiday season will bring you peach, abundance and joy, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Marilyn, I really appreciate the shout out and am taking notes on how to be a cool author who appreciates her reviewers and fans.

Marilyn Brant said...

Edie,
Your thoughtfulness and support have been true gifts to me all year long. Thank you for your friendship!! I'm very grateful for you ;).

Sydney,
I think you're already very cool!! You know how much I loved and appreciated your review - thanks again - and I've got my fingers crossed for you on your own writing projects. Wishing you the best!!

Vesper said...

Marilyn, this looks like such an interesting book! I'm completely hooked.
I'm sure I'll find it under the tree... ;-) This time, it'll be the print version; I love my Kindle, but this feels like a book that I really want to hold in my hands.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxoxo

Marilyn Brant said...

Vesper,
*HUGS!!!* Thank you! I hope you'll like this story and I truly appreciate your good wishes! I know everyone in Canada already celebrated Thanksgiving last month but, here, across the border, I'm feeling grateful for friends like you :). Wishing you a wonderful week!

Robin Bielman said...

Oh, how wonderful Marilyn! I so agree with all the reviewers, too! And those quote posters are so awesome! I forgot to tell you how much I loved the handwritten journal entries. And I must purchase this book in print too, because it is so a keeper shelf type of book. I loved every word and want to be able to hold it in my hands - I think I'd feel closer to Aurora that way, too. :)

I hope you had a wonderful turkey day!

Marilyn Brant said...

Robin,
Thank you, sweetie!!!
You know how thrilled I am that you enjoyed the book -- that means so much to me!
And as for Thanksgiving, I spent the entire week eating (not just Thursday, LOL), so I'm getting ready for a month of workouts :). Hope yours was wonderful, too!!

Village Talkies said...

Thank you for your informative post!!!
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.