www.marilynbrant.com

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Release Day for THE ROAD TO YOU!!!


It's here!! Finally, finally...The Road to You is making its way into the world! It's available right now on Kindle, Nook and Smashwords in the digital realm (coming soon to Apple/iTunes, Kobo, Sony and more), and it can also be purchased in paperback from Amazon, Half.com and AbeBooks (soon to be at B&N, IndieBound and others as well). Check out the novel's Goodreads page for story details and early reviews.

**Throwing confetti in the air in celebration!**

In fun other news, as many of you know, my husband, son and I traveled to Minneapolis, MN for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA) last week, and we had a blast. The ladies of Jane Austen Books -- who sold copies of my two Austen-inspired titles, According to Jane and Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Match -- were as gracious and helpful as always. And my husband and I loved browsing through the books they had available in the Emporium, as well as the other crafts and Regency delights for sale. (Yes, I did buy something called "Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Trivia Game"...who wants to play??)

Me (in my "I randomly quote Jane Austen" t-shirt) & my husband Jeff

I had the pleasure of seeing lots of the Austen Authors in person, too. We had a special dinner one night, which was a loud and fun-filled occasion!

From L to R: Karen Doornebos, Jack Caldwell, Susan Mason-Milks, Maria Grace,
C Allyn Pierson, Sharon Lathan, me, Syrie James, Shannon Winslow & Abigail Reynolds
This musically designed building was across the street from our hotel. I never could figure out why, exactly, these notes were on one side (or what the song was), but I thought it looked really cool regardless...


Another interesting thing that I got to do while at the AGM was to go on a tour of the Elmer L. Andersen Library, which has a really impressive collection of Sherlock Holmes books and memorabilia!!


And a fascinating presentation that all of the JASNA members got to hear was about the YouTube sensation "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries" -- thanks to a panel discussion with one of its creators, Bernie Su, along with a producer of the series (Jenni Powell) and a writer for it (Kate Noble/Rorick) as well. It was a hoot to listen to them, and now I'm hooked on the show...


I've got a bunch of dancing and dining pictures up on my Facebook page, if anyone wants to see more, but the AGM was definitely an exciting way to end September. And, now...October has begun!! Wishing you all a wonderful month ahead :).

20 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

I started started reading The Road To You late last night (I was a bit busy before then), and I had to force myself to put it down to go to bed. I even read it while brushing my teeth! I love it!

I've been to Minneapolis a few times. I like the city a lot, and I'm glad you had such a great time.

Edie Ramer said...

Marilyn, I snuck in some reading this morning. I'm at 10%, and this is so good! I'm loving it. Too bad it's back to work for me again. :(

Marilyn Brant said...

Edie,
Thank you!! You are amazingly wonderful to take time to read any part of my book in the midst of your big release day! HUGE congrats to you on the release of CHRISTMAS AT ANGEL LAKE!!! I'm so excited to read it, and I'm sure I'll devour it just like all of your other novels!
xox

Robin Bielman said...

Happy release day, Marilyn!! I'm super thrilled for you and can't wait to read it! Best, best wishes!!

And congrats to Edie, too!!

Pamala Knight said...

I missed getting over here to yell YAY yesterday, but I did buy THE ROAD TO YOU on release day. Here's wishing you loads of success with your new gem of a book my friend *hugs*

Marilyn Brant said...

Robin, thank you!! I'm excited to read your upcoming release, too (only 10 days away!) -- October is a great month for new books ;).

And Pamala, thanks so much for getting a copy of ROAD!! I appreciate it more than I can express... Hugs to you. xoxo

Vicki H said...

Congrats on the new release!

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks so much, Vicki!!
It made for an exciting week ;).

Theresa N. said...

Sounds wonderful.
Theresa N
weceno(at)yahoo(dot)com

Liz said...

How exciting. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Release Day, Marilyn!

The JASNA meeting looked like a lot of fun.

Marcy Shuler
bmndshuler(at)hotmail(dot)com

Virginia C said...

Best wishes for "The Road to You"--sounds most intriguing! Thank you for sharing your road trip and so much more--lots of fun : )

Marilyn Brant said...

Theresa and Liz,
Thank you both so much!!

Marcy,
It was a TON of fun (LOL, I just made a "Regency" joke :). The Jane Austen Society is a terrific organization, and they always host a wonderful conference!

Virginia,
*waving* Thank you!!!! I know you're a travel lover, too! So glad you liked the road trip ;-).
xo

mamakk said...

Hope you had a fabulous release day - good luck!

Marilyn Brant said...

mamakk~
Thank you!! It was a wonderful release day/week ;).

susieqlaw said...

Happy Pub Day!

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks so much, Susie!!

Juliana Kho said...

(LOL, I just made a "Regency" joke :). The Jane Austen Society is a terrific organization, and they always host a wonderful confe (LOL, I just made a "Regency" joke :). The Jane Austen Society is a terrific organization, and they always host a wonderful confe

http://www.negerijudi.info/

Juliana Kho said...


es for "The Road to You"--sounds most intriguing! Thank you for sharing your road trip and so much more--lotes for "The Road to You"--sounds most intriguing! Thank you for sharing your road trip and so much more--lot

http://www.markasdomino.info/

Juliana Kho said...

ten Society is a terrific organization, and they always host a wonderful confe (LOL, I just made a "Regency" joke :). The Jane Austen Sten Society is a terrific organization, and they always host a wonderful confe (LOL, I just made a "Regency" joke :). The Jane Austen S
http://www.tembakcacingandroid.asia/