www.marilynbrant.com

Monday, August 16, 2010

Wine, Wit & Lit is Coming!



This is an FYI about an exciting event coming up on Sunday, October 3, 2010 for anyone within striking distance of St. Louis. The fabulous Susan McBride has been the force behind it's organization (LOVE her!!) and this is the latest from her website:

I'm putting together a very cool event with some friends called "Wine, Wit, and Lit: Cocktails and Conversation with Local Authors" to benefit Casting for Recovery, a post-treatment program for breast cancer survivors. The Lone Wolf Coffee Co. in Ballwin, MO, will host, and there'll be door prizes, a "speed-dating with authors" session, wine tastings, appetizers, and eight AMAZING authors including Marilyn Brant (FRIDAY MORNINGS AT NINE), Jen Gauvain & Anne Milford (HOW NOT TO MARRY THE WRONG GUY), Sharon Shinn (GATEWAY), Angie Fox (A TALE OF TWO DEMON SLAYERS), Jody Feldman (THE SEVENTH LEVEL), Bobbi Smith (CAPTIVE PRIDE), and Susan McBride (THE COUGAR CLUB). Puddn' Head Books will sell all authors' most recent releases. Early registration is $10 per person, or it's $15 at the door. Email TheCougarClub@aol.com to save your spot!


Let me emphasize...there will be WINE tasting! Appetizers! And Prizes, too!! Not to mention lots of books and their authors, all for a really good cause ;-). Please help us spread the word.

14 comments:

Maria Geraci said...

What a wonderful event! Makes me wish I lived in the area do I could attend. I wish you all much success!

Pamela Cayne said...

Oh wow--that does sound awesome! I wish I could go! Good luck and great luck on the fundraising!

Robin said...

Oh, how I wish I lived close enough to attend! What a great event. Best of luck and have a wonderful time!

Susan McBride said...

Marilyn, I'm so glad you're coming down to the Lou to be a part of the first "Wine, Wit & Lit!" You know I mean it when I say, "You rock!" And thanks for posting the info. :-)

Edie, I'm a survivor, too. So glad to hear you're doing well. Sending lots of positive vibes to your friend in her latest fight. I hope she kicks her cancer's butt for once and for all!

Cheers,
Susan

Pamala Knight said...

That sounds like a great event! Good luck to you, Susan and all the other participants. I'll do my best to spread the word.

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks so much, everyone!! I'm really excited to be a part of something like this (Susan, YOU rock! :) and I'm very grateful to have so many awesome friends spreading the word!!!

Wishing you all a great start to the week...

Edie Ramer said...

What a great event. I wish I were close enough to attend. I'm a breast cancer surviver, so this is definitely something I'd go to. The wine, with & lit are bonuses.

I'm putting this on my group blog. I think you'll get a big crowd.

Tonya Kappes said...

Man! I wish I was closer....

Renee' said...

I wish I lived in the area or had a business meeting in the area at the time.
I hope the event turns out well.
-Renee'

Marilyn Brant said...

Hey, everyone! It's great to be back in the Land of Working Internet Connections again (we were away in the wild country for a few days and it was dicey ;).

Edie, thank you!! A few hugs go with that, too. xoxoxo

Tonya, I wish you were closer, too, I'd love to meet you!

Renee, thanks so much! And I really appreciate the good wishes ;).

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun! I love wine, prizes, and appetizers - add in author speed dating and books to make it an event not to be missed! I hope you all have a fantastic time.

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks so much, Lydia!! I'm really looking forward to it, and Susan has been just phenomenal in setting it up, so I think it's gonna be fun :).

Lisa said...

My friend Kelli and I are planning to be there. We're so excited to be able to meet you and the other accomplished authors.

Marilyn Brant said...

Lisa~thanks so much for letting me know!! I'll keep an eye out for you and Kelli this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you both ;).