Because in writing and in life, stuff like this always catches my attention, when I came across this Cosmo piece online, I had to share it with you all. It's about how to decipher the cryptic code of Guy Speak. Some of these examples rang true for me when I read through them, others less so, but I'm fascinated by the ever-present subtext inherent in many male-female conversations...like, say, those little dialogues I think I'm having with my husband--LOL!
Anyway, take a peek and let me know what you think. Do any sound familiar? Got one or two that aren't listed here? (If you liked these, I found some more while reading through this quiz.)
1. He Says: "We should hang out sometime."
He Means: "I'm afraid you'll say 'no' if I ask you out."
2. He Says: "I'll call you later."
He Means: "I may or may not call you at some point between now and three months from now."
3. He Says: "My ex is crazy."
He Means: "I messed her up, and she got upset."
4. He Says: "That guy seems like a good friend of yours."
He Means: "Was there ever a thing between you?"
5. He Says: "It's a long story."
He Means: "It's a story that makes me look bad."
6. He Says: "That's a new look."
He Means: "You look weird."
7. He Says: "Why are you being so emotional?"
He Means: "Why are you acting like a psycho?"
8. He Says: "That's not what I meant."
He Means: "That's totally what I meant, but now that I see you're mad, I wish I hadn't said it out loud."
9. He Says: "It's fine."
He Means: "It's not actually fine, but I'm in no mood to discuss it."
10. He Says: "Can we talk about this later?"
He Means: "I never want to talk about this again."