www.marilynbrant.com

Monday, August 17, 2009

Almost Like Time Travel

Today I'm blogging about our visit to Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts and the very cool "Printing Office" we stopped in during our day there. That post is up at Nobody Writes It Better, so please stop by!

Also, I just joined Goodreads last week and have been enjoying being part of that reading community. If you're not a member, check it out and see what you think. If you're a member already and want a new "friend," (raises hand) pick me (!!)...or just stop by to say hello :-).

Speaking of good reads, HUGE congrats to the wonderful Nancy J. Parra, whose novel Mr. Charming was just released a couple of weeks ago! My copy has been tempting me from the top of my TBR pile...I can't wait to dive into it!!

Back on Thursday for the Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew Taste Test results--whoo-hoo!

7 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

You totally sucked me in with that title ;) I forgot to pop over there this morning...headed there now.

Robin said...

Congrats to Nancy! And Marilyn, Good Reads too? How do you find the time? I seriously need to clone myself.

Marilyn Brant said...

L.A.~I wasn't trying to trick you :). To me, I *did* kind of feel like a temporary time traveler that day in Old Sturbridge... I've had it with techno things for a while and am starting to want to do a Christopher Reeve (dress in period clothing, get coins from some prior century, hang out at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island until I'm transported elsewhere). Not for forever. Just a month or two ;).

Robin~Ha!! I *don't* find the time. I just don't sleep much anymore :). Still grinning whenever I think of you ziplining through Kauai--what an adventure girl you are!!

K.M. Saint James said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely day. How soon does the school rush start for you? We're already humming in high gear down Texas way.

Marilyn Brant said...

Hi Sandra!
The school rush starts Monday for my hubby and Wednesday for our son. No college students in our household like you have, though! Still, lots of little prep things to deal with and that twin shiver of anxiety and excitement that always accompanies a new year :).

Nancy J. Parra said...

Oooh, thanks so much, Marilyn, for the wonderful mention and for showing off the Mr. Charming cover. I am so far behind in my blog reading -*blush* But I'm happy to say the book is getting good reviews.

Thanks, Robin, for the congrats.

Goodreads?...yes, it's on my list of things to do... I so admire your ability to not sleep-LOL perhaps it's the good coffee?

Cheers!

Marilyn Brant said...

HUGE congrats, Nancy! You know I"m thrilled for you :).